This coconut curry has broccoli and chickpeas and a creamy coconut curry sauce that comes together super fast. Add cubed firm tofu or chicken if you like!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (or more to taste)
- 2 small heads broccoli
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water
- optional: minced garlic
- As is this isn't very spicy. I like to add red chili oil or cayenne pepper to pump it up.
- Saute broccoli, pepper, onion (and garlic if you’re using it) in a tablespoon of oil. After a few minutes, add the coconut milk and let simmer for 5-8 minutes. The broccoli should soften but still be tender-crisp.
- Add the curry paste to the pan and whisk it until it combines with the coconut milk. Add the chickpeas.
- Bring to a slight boil and add the cornstarch. Boil for about a minute, then reduce heat and let cool slightly. Sauce will thicken as the mixture cools.
- Serve over jasmine rice.